Also see our terms and conditions
Modified: September 21, 2022
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at
“Personal Data” means data that Liberty may collect from you or that you may voluntarily provide to Liberty that may identify, relate to, describe, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly with you, your household, or your device(s) used to access the Services, including, for example, your name, address, User ID, telephone number, e-mail address, any blockchain addresses, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
“Anonymous Data” means data from which your identity is not readily ascertainable, and that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
Lawful Basis for Processing
We only collect and process Personal Data about you where we have lawful bases to do so. Lawful bases include consent where you have Liberty consent, contract, and legitimate interests.
Personal Data We Collect
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail, and mailing addresses, including country or region of residence, User ID, date of birth, government-issued identification, and password when you register for an account on the Services (“Account”) report a problem with the Services, or otherwise use the Services.
- We may also collect other Personal Data provided by third-party identity verification services or via social networking websites.
If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device or computer to send us your location), we may store that information.
- We may collect your Personal Data, such as your User ID and it may be used to track you across devices and connect you to alternative datasets that we have, including but not limited to, discord data, your wallet, and game-related data.
- Certain services, such as two-factor authentication, may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, message chat or similar functionality, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the communication, in order to send you a reply.
- Transactional information when you request information or purchase a product or service from us.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily when seeking support services, such as email, information submitted via online form, video conferencing service information, other contact information, or other information provided to support services staff.
- We may collect other data, including but not limited to, referral URLs, your location, blockchain analytics information related to blockchain addresses you provide.
Some information is collected automatically by our servers:
- Our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as transactional data and other session data linked to your Account.
How We Use Your Information
We will only use your Personal Data in ways that you provide us your consent or when the law allows. Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on the network;
- identify you and perform identity verification through a service provider;
- provide improved administration of our websites and Services;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our websites and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account is created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as Account activity, transaction processing, security or support and maintenance advisories;
- identify, prevent, and report potentially suspicious, fraudulent, or illegal activities;
- make our Site and Services more useful to you
All data collected automatically will be used to administer or improve our Services as follows:
- We use IP addresses to make our website and Services more useful to you and to perform identity verification.
- We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience with our Services. This type of information is collected to make the Services more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
- We also use third-party web analytics tools that help us understand how users engage with our Site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Site. You can opt out of such third-party analytic tools without affecting how you visit our Site by contacting us at email@example.com
- We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze requests and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content and navigation of our Services. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Liberty does not sell user Personal Data to any third party.
Retention of Personal Data
Unless the law specifies a different retention period, we will only keep your Personal Data for the time strictly necessary to carry out the operations for which said Data has been collected by us. In general, this means we will retain your Personal Data for as long as you have an active Account with us.
Personal Data destruction procedures and methods
In principle, we destroy the Personal Data without delay after the purpose of collection and use of Personal Data is achieved. However, this is not the case when preservation is required according to laws and regulations.
The destruction procedure and method are as follows:
- Personal Data printed on paper: shredded with a shredder or incinerated
- Personal Data stored in electronic file format: Deleted using a technical method that cannot reproduce the record.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain Personal Data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following Personal Data control mechanisms:
We may use your Personal Data to form a view on what Services we think may be of interest to you. You will receive marketing communications from us if (i) you have requested information from us; or (ii) use our Services, in each case, you have chosen to opt-in and not opted out of receiving marketing communications. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your Personal Data with any company outside of Liberty for marketing purposes.
You acknowledge by providing your personal information in connection with receiving services from Liberty, that you have an established business relationship with Liberty. As such, you provide Liberty with express consent to contact you using your personal information for all matters relative to your services with Liberty. This may include the use of autodialed or pre-recorded telephonic communications for operational communication, which may include the verification of your personal information, the collection of a debt, or any other necessary communication or confirmation in connection with any element of your ongoing service with Liberty. You further acknowledge that this established business relationship may extend beyond the standard eighteen months from the last transaction standard. You understand that services with Liberty may not have such a transaction within eighteen months, but that the relationship will still be considered as ongoing due to the specific nature of Liberty services. The established business relationship, which is created upon the initiation of services, and the providing of personal information to Liberty shall continue for five years following the providing or updating of any personal information in connection with your services with Liberty. With respect to sales and marketing from Liberty specifically, you understand that the same existing business relationship standard applies.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us. However, where you opt out of receiving marketing messages, this will not apply to Personal Data provided to us as a result of your use of our Service, a product/service experience or other transactions.
How we Share your Information – Personal Data shared with third parties
- We may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers to provide you with the Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and to verify your identity. These third-party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by you.
Our Services may contain links to other third-party websites which are regulated by their own privacy policies. Liberty is not responsible for the privacy policies of these third-party websites even if they were accessed using the links from our Services.
Transfers outside of the EEA
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, processed, and stored in countries other than the country in which you are a resident, including the United States, European Union, the UK, ____, _____. We may share your Personal Data within Liberty and other with our partners and third-party companies that assist in providing Liberty Services which are based in various locations globally.
If you are based in the European Union, this may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In addition, many of our external third parties are also based outside of the EEA so their processing of your Personal Data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. We may transfer personal data from EEA to third countries outside of EEA, under the following conditions:
- Contractual Obligation: Where transfers are necessary to satisfy our obligation to you under our EULA, including to provide you with our services and customer support services, and to optimize Liberty; and
- Consent: where you have consented to the transfer of your Personal Data to a third country.
Whenever we transfer your Personal Data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your Personal Data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which Liberty Personal Data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- In respect of transfers to entities in the US, we may transfer Personal Data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your Personal Data out of the EEA. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold and want it removed from our systems, or to exercise any of your rights granted under your country of residence please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can update your personal or account information by contacting our support team at email@example.com We will retain your information for as long as your Account is not closed or as needed to provide you access to your Account. If you wish to close your Account, open a ticket in our support center. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Terms and Conditions.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties. At this time, we do not respond to DNT signals.
Security of Information
We take the protection of your Personal Data seriously. We use industry-standard data encryption technology and have implemented restrictions related to the storage of and the ability to access your Personal Data. However, please note that no transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Additionally, we aim to enforce internal regulations and rectify issues as soon as they are discovered.
Legal Rights Concerning Your Information
Depending on your state or country of residence, Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data which are set out in more detail below:
|Request confirmation and access||This enables you to confirm whether or not we are processing your Personal Data and that you may access your Personal Data.|
|Request change or correction||This enables you to have any Personal Data we hold about you changed or corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
If you need to add or change any information, you can log into your Account and make the change in your settings. If it doesn’t look like you can make the change on your own, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we make work to correct any errors.
|Request deletion||This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Data to comply with applicable law.
Please note: your right of deletion would not apply for various reasons including if we need to retain your Personal Data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish or defend a legal claim. Where we are unable to comply with your request of deletion, we will notify you at the time of your request.
|Object to processing||You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.|
|Request restriction of processing||This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following scenarios:
(a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
(b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to delete it;
(c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
(d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
|Request to transfer||If you ask us, we will provide you or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
|Withdrawal of consent||This applies where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com
Accessing your Information
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, depending on your state or country or residence, if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, we may refuse to act on your request or charge a reasonable fee. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your rights to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including the following:
- Right to know, whether we collect and save your Personal Data, the source of the Personal Data we have about you, the categories and purposes of use of your Personal Data, , whether it is being disclosed or sold, and to whom it is being disclosed or sold;
- Right, subject to certain exceptions, to have your Personal Data deleted from our possession or control;
- Right to opt out from the sale of your Personal Data. As described in the section above, we do not sell Personal Data and have not done so in the past 12 months;
- Right to limit sensitive Personal Data use (e.g., information relating to your government ID or geolocation) to specifically permitted purposes;
- Right to not be discriminated against for exercising your rights.
For all California residents, any such inquiries shall be responded to within forty-five (45) days. We must verify your identity with respect to such inquiries. Depending on the nature of the Personal Information at issue, we may require additional measures or information from you as part of that verification.
For California residents under age 18 who have publicly posted content or information, you may request and obtain removal of such content or information pursuant to California Business and Professions Code Section 22581, provided you are a registered user of any website where this Policy is posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, if you’re under 18, you cannot use our Services without parental consent. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from anyone under 18. If we become aware that a person under the age of 18 has provided us with Personal Data without verification and parental consent, please alert us at email@example.com and we will work to delete it immediately.
If you have any queries or complaints about our collection, use or storage of your Personal Data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any such complaint or dispute regarding the use or disclosure of your Personal Data.
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have a right to request access to the Personal Data we collect from you, change, or delete the Personal Data. To request the review, update or removal of your Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com
Please confirm when this email has been created and is active.
Cat Bonar is Liberty’s Data Privacy Officer.
Please provide if known or delete.